It's complete. My makeover that is....

Welcome to Mary's Garden. It's getting cold so I've placed the tables around the space heaters. Make sure you fill your plates and grab some warm cocoa or coffee.

A couple of weeks ago I told you I had gone to a conference. That event caused a chain reaction in my writing life. I took all the advice to heart and gave my banner, my logo, and tag line a new lease on life.

But there's more. I went to many promotion workshops. What is the now thing. What to do to get your name out there. Where do I need a presence. There was a list of things to do.
1. Make a name brand. With a button that people recognize.
2. Make all of your social media uniform. Banners have your books, and all of your buttons/logo's match. All done; Facebook, Blog, YouTube, Google+, Twitter, linkedIN, Goodreads, and Pinterest.

3. Make a presence on Amazon Author Central. Make sure you have all your books, reviews, etc.
4. Never give away your book for free. Unless it's an older book. But your new work, you want people to buy, so why would you give it away? Give other fun goodies instead.

5. Podcasts and Videocasts are the thing. Instead of, or along with your bio have a podcast/videocast of you. People like to feel as if they have met you, know you. I've added a video on my "About" me page.

6. And on promotion, one of the most popular... A box set with other authors. I have joined with five other authors to do a set of suspense. Dangerous Intent. It's only $.99 and it's five full length and one novella. Check it out.
7. And last but not least, I'm still working on this. A store on my web site that has all times of goodies for people to buy. So I'm in the process of designing a store for my site with bags, wine glasses, coffee mugs and a bunch of other goodies. I hope to have this up by the end of the year.

As you can imagine, this has been a lot of work. But watching my sales, though they haven't gone through the roof by any means, they've stepped up. So I will continue the efforts.

I hope you have time to visit my new stuff!

Coming soon!
Also, I'm so excited to let you know that this next weekend I'll be in New York City. I'll be visiting the Beckett's. While I'm there I'm going to do my best to do some video snippets so you can see where they live, where they hang out. know a bit more about my favorite characters. I won't be home until November 17th, so I'll be a bit late posting my blog. But when I do, I'll tell you all about my trip.

Have a great week!

Comments

Popular Posts