Thank all of you for participating!
Here is how the points worked:
Each correct answer will be two points.
A partially correct answer will be one point.
And a wrong answer is a .5 point.
(Answer on all sites for more chances for points!)
Anyone who shares a 1960's story (can be yours, parents, friends, etc.) on the blog will receive 2 bonus points.
It is taking me longer to tally the points than I thought. I will have the winners posted shortly. For now, here are the questions and the answers for each of the sites:
Mary's Garden Blog
1. Who Delivered the well-known speech “I Have A Dream” in August of 1963?
a. Martin Luther King
2. One of the first known computer video games was invented in 1962. What was it called?
3. In what year were Touch-Tone telephones introduced?
4. What years of birth would qualify you as being a baby boomer?
a. Inclusive years 1946-1964
5. In July of 1966 The Lovin’ Spoonful topped the charts with what song?
a. Summer in the City
6. In what year was the American U-2 spy plane piloted by Francis Gary Powers downed and captured in Russia?
1. What President of the United States was assassinated in November of 1963?
a. President John F. Kennedy.
2. What famous band arrived from England at the John F. Kennedy International Airport in February of 1964?
a. The Beatles
3. Where were the 1964 Summer Olympics held?
a. Tokyo, Japan
4. Bill Mazeroski hit a dramatic seventh-game home run and gives the Pittsburgh pirates an unforgettable World Series triumph over what team?
a. New York Yankees
5. In 1960 Butterfield 8 won The Best Actress Academy Award. Who was the Actress?
a. Elizabeth Taylor
6. In what year did East Germany erect the Berlin Wall?
1. The American actress Norma Jeane Baker died of a barbiturate overdose on August 5, 1962 at the age of 36. By what name is she better known?
a. Marilyn Monroe
2. What event took place in San Francisco’s Golden Gate Park in January 1967?
a. The Human Be-In.
3. What science fiction TV series created by Gene Roddenberry made its debut in 1966?
a. Star Trek
4. What film made from a Broadway hit won the best movie of the year Academy Award in 1961?
a. West Side Story
5. Who became the first American to orbit the earth?
a. John Glenn
6. In 1962 what baseball player from the Dodgers broke Ty Cobb’s single-season stolen base record?
a. Maury Wills
1. Who wrote and published the classic novel, To Kill a Mockingbird in 1960?
a. Harper Lee
2. What well-known board game made its modern day version debut in 1960?
a. The Game of Life – Based on the 1860’s game – The Checkered Game of Life
3. What music festival was held at Max Yasgur’s 600-acre dairy farm in 1969?
4. On what TV show did The Beatles appear to kick off their first U.S. Tour in 1964?
a. The Ed Sullivan Show
5. What was the name of the first James Bond Movie?
a. Dr. No
6. In what year was Black Nationalist leader, Malcom X shot to death?