Mary's Idea of Fast dinner

I got home late last night from the DFW Writers Conference--you'll hear about that on Wednesday. I meant to write this last night, but was too exhausted. This morning my desk piled high with things I brought home, receipts, notes, etc. I need to organize and get ready for work. So when I looked for something to put out for dinner, the thought was FAST. Here's one of my favorites when crunched for time.

Turkey Soft Shell Tacos  1 taco per serving
1 lb turkey ground
1 can JalapeƱo Tomatoes
1/4 cup onions chopped
1 clove garlic chopped
Shredded Cheddar Cheese.

In fry pan, spray with cooking oil. Cook turkey, onions and garlic until meat is browned. Drain and added the can of tomatoes. Once cooked it's ready to serve. I usually open a can of non-fat refried beans as a side, and I either warm the tortilla on the burner (flipping it after a couple of seconds--this is for you Lindsay) or in the microwave for 25 seconds on high.

1 serving - 6 oz. meat mixture in one tortilla spring 1 tablespoon of cheese and roll. 1/2 have cup of beans.
Total (taco and beans) Calories for serving 542,  Fat 18g, Saturated Fat 7g, Cholesterol 71mg, Sodium 1383mg, Carbohydrate 60g, Dietary Fiber 20g, Sugars 3g and Protein 36g.

Low calorie and fast, how can you beat that?

Comments

Popular Posts