Mary's September News and Notes

📚Mary's September News and Notes - suprise recipe🌻📖

Welcome fellow readers!
Happy Friday! How are my favorite readers today? I blinked and it was September. With it comes the fall, pumpkin spice lattes, and football. I can't wait to go to Trader Joe's next week, they have all their pumpkin things out, including pumpkin spice creamer. Yippy.
Tonight is book club. Funny how that always lands on the same day as my News and Notes! The book we read was The Boys in the Boat by Daniel James Brown. Unfortunately, I do not recommend the book. I tried reading it and got to page 18 and switched to audio. It was a good story, and I kept thinking how good the movie must be. It was narrated the entire book. No dialogue or POV, I just couldn't bond with the characters. I believe the film will be much better than the book, and interesting, if I ever watch it. The Boys in the Boat Film.
We have justed finished watching Reacher Season 4 on Prime. We absolutely loved it. And of course since they are doing a spin off with one of the characters, Neagley, we had to immediately start watching the series. I think I'm going to like it, not sure if I will as much as Reacher, we'll see.
Now find a place you can curl up with a good book, grab a cup of hot cocoa, a glass of wine, or whatever your preference is, and enjoy!
Be sure to scroll down for The After Work Cook recipe! You don't want to miss this recipe, it's Stefani Halladay's s'more recipe she has at here Christmas Market booth in the Wintergreen Village series. It will be perfect with that cup of hot cocoa!
Click on the banners for free reads!

Image item

Image item

Image item
Directions:
Heat oven to 350°
Stir the cake mix and sugar, add the egg and stir thoroughly. Add the honey and vanilla and stir. Fold in the first 2 tablespoons of melted butter, then gradually mix the rest until the batter is firm. Spread evenly (about ¼ inch thick) onto a parchment lined quarter cookie sheet (8.5x11.5 in) Bake for 18 – 20 minutes, depending on your oven.
Remove from the oven. When cooled for a few minutes, carefully remove the parchment and cake mix to a cooling rack or counter until cooled to room temperature. Cut into 12 squares. Set aside 6 squares on a plate. Put the other 6 with the parchment back on the cookie sheet, add a marshmallow to each square, broil until marshmallow starts to brown. (Watch carefully to avoid burning.) Remove from oven, roll the marshmallow over with a spoon and broil another couple of seconds. Remove from oven and add chocolate squares to the top of each marshmallow, mash down a little and put back in the oven and broil until chocolate is soft. Remove and add the other six squares to the tops to finish the smore.
Serve and enjoy.😊
Variations:
Instead of marshmallows, substitute with marshmallow crème.Instead of plain milk chocolate bars, substitute with two small miniatures, like crackle or with nuts. Use small peanut butter cups or peppermint patties.
Instead of yellow cake mix use cinnamon streusel muffin mix. The rest of the ingredients and measurements will remain the same.
Go wild and experiment! 😃
Image item

Image item

Image item

The Beckett Series
Intrigue... Edge of your seat suspense... Love... Family... The Beckett Series is a bundle of seven full length novels.

The Beckett's have a strong sense of family and honor. When one of their own is threatened, their bonds is as strong as a badge of steel.

**While all the books in the series are standalone romances, for the greatest enjoyment it is best to read them in order. There are a few spoilers. **

Image item
Roni's Investigation Files (3 book series)
In her former life, Veronica Staples viewed the world through rose-colored glasses. She was on the fast track to detective and rising star of the precinct. Then the unthinkable happened, she learned what a cruel place the world can be, and life wasn’t always fair. Now trying to put her life together, she is hardened and damaged Roni Staples, Private Investigator.

Follow Mary on Social Media
Visit our Amazon
Visit our Bookbub
Visit our Facebook
Visit our Goodreads
Visit our Instagram
Visit our Pinterest
Visit our Threads
Visit our Tiktok
Visit our Twitter
Visit our Website
Visit our Youtube
As always, thank you for all of your support!
Mary's Newsletter
MAGNA, UT 84044, United States
If you choose to unsubscribe, I'm sad to see you go, but I'm so happy we met.
If you would like to only receive a monthly newsletter or a newsletter when I have a new release, click Manage Preferences.

Comments

Popular Posts