Mary's May News and Notes

Mary's May News and Notes
View in browser 

Mary's May News and Notes

May! Can you believe it? I swear it was New Year's a moment ago. There are a lot of events in May, for me anyway. We have graduations galore, softball tournaments, and our grandson's water polo team is competing in the Utah State Water Polo Championship!

I also have some other fun things coming throughout the summer and fall. I have boutiques, art festivals and bookstore signings. I hope you will come to visit. 

I finished the first book of my Christmas series. I am editing now. Then I'll send it off to my critique partners. Then I'll do another round of edits and on it will go until it's polished.

Wintergreen Village Series 

The Kristmas Project Book one

Kris’s childhood memories of the holidays were not filled with peace and joy.

Kristmas Noel Holly was born in December, so her parents named her after Christmas. She had no idea why because they hated everything about the holidays. The older she got, the greater her disappointment grew until she no longer tried to capture the spirit of the season. Since Kris can’t escape the festivities, work is her salvation. An invitation to present at a prestigious conference in Germany the first week of December is something she can’t pass up. Her business associate is one unhappy camper when she insists he join her.

Nicholas Joseph Holladay loves the holidays, every Christmas tree, carol, and Hallmark movie. Nick’s idea of a perfect Christmas for his daughter doesn’t include working every December. His job is perfect, so he can’t quit. Fine, he’d go, but he had a few conditions along with an idea of how to remedy Kris’s holiday workaholic tendencies. He planned to use the conference in Germany to share with her the special magic of the season by introducing her to the Christmas markets. Show her how much she missed while working.

Will his plan work, or will he blow it by falling in love with her?

I've also been working on the last book of the Roni's Investigation Files. 

Web of Smoke - Book Three

Roni Staples has made a powerful enemy. A call about a new case lures her to an abandoned house where a woman plays a video that gives her instructions. In the background an abused girl struggles against her bindings. The altered voice threatens they will kill her if Roni doesn't find her in time. Every clue ends with another clue sending her on yet another wild goose chase. Until she’s caught up in a web of smoke.

Sebastian Sosa is over the moon. His daughter is safe. Roni’s agreed to take their relationship slow and see where it goes. Life is good. Until Roni receives the call, then once again Sebastian is thrown into a whirlwind of cat and mouse with Fitz, Roni's silent partner, and the law enforcement team. As much as Sebastian wants to help, his first priority is his daughter Cammy. The type of people who would use a young girl as bait to play Roni as a puppet wouldn't blink at taking his daughter again.

Will there ever be a time when Sebastian and Roni can finally build a life together?

These bestselling fantasy authors have teamed up to offer a delightful selection of new books. Available for a limited time.

Follow Mary on social media

Welcome Judy Baker and your news from our Two Authors Books and a Beverage.

At the end of the day, I look back to see what I've accomplished on my daily list. I'm talking about my writing list. I have a goal of 1000 words a day. Did I accomplish that word count? Well, not today. But most days I do. Otherwise, I'd never have published End of the Beginning, or YaYa House, or be near the completion of Brave Enough to Run. Some days life gets in the way. That okay, as long as I return to my writing. If I only write 500 words a day, that's something that I've left behind to add to my writing in new tomorrow.

Judy's Quote of the day!

"When tomorrow comes, this day will be gone forever. In its place is something that you have left behind. Let it be something good."

Author Unknown

I'm excited about the book two of End of the Beginning. I finally found a title that says it all. I also have a book cover now and I love both my title and the book cover. My book was done by Lisa at LDM Graphics (button for ldmgraphics.com).

A release date for Brave Enough to Run will be announced next month. What do you think of my title and the book cover?

Follow Judy on social media

Brave Enough to Run

Blurb:

Hannah needs Rylee, her friend who disappeared months ago. What would she tell her to do, run or conform? The government's mandate goes against all her beliefs. If she stays, she would have to sacrifice her freedom. Her only choice is to run. How will she survive the wilderness, alone, desperately looking for Rylee, and starving? Is this how Rylee felt when she escaped into the wilderness and disappeared from the hands of the government? They would have killed her.

Now, Hannah finds herself in the same demise while the Universal Army looks for her, hunting her down like a criminal, when the only thing she had refused was an injection.

Ripton (Rip) Hawk pushes aside his anger and the need for revenge to help a dark-haired beauty lost in the wilderness. Why is she running? No one comes to the wilderness unless they are escaping a fate worse than death. That's why it's been his home for years. He knows the wilderness will not let her survive without his help.

He admires her gutsy determination, but she doesn't trust him enough to tell him her reasons for wandering in the wilderness. He doesn't blame her, after all, he has his own secrets.

Happy Reading, Judy

Judy Baker

JUDY writes historical westerns romances under Judy Baker and her contemporary romances are under the name Anna Sugg. Her novels are filled with mystery, secrets, murder, love, and some paranormal, and you will always find a dog character in her stories. Her Christmas stories will warm your heart. Her writing is considered sensuous on this side of PG, nothing graphic.

To learn more visit her website.

As always thank you for your continued support. 

Mary's & Judy's Covers

We both share a cover artist. Lisa at LDM Graphics.

Mary's Newsletter

MAGNA
United States of America


You received this email because you signed up on our website or made a purchase from us.

Unsubscribe

Do you like the newsletter? Share it!

facebook x pinterest
Sent by MailerLite

Comments

Popular Posts