The Next Big Thing: What I'm working On now!

Wonderful fellow author Colby Marshall was kind enough to tag me in an ongoing game of The Next Big Thing, a blog circle where authors have a chance to discuss their current Works in Progress/what they’re currently working on now. So, on to the post!

The Next Big Thing:
What is your working title of your book?


It's a new series. The series name is The Nana Adventures the name of the book is History Mysteries

Where did the idea come from for the book?

My three oldest grandsons were coming over every day during the summer. They know I write and together we came up with an idea for the boys, all cousins, with special powers, like their Nana who has all the powers herself, of course. Their parents go on vacation and the boys spend the time with their Nana. It take's place in a fictional town on the coast of California. The boys and I went on a walk about around our small town, so the fictional town looks a lot like our town. Anyway, with the help of their special powers and a ghost, they solve a 50 year old murder mystery.

What genre does your book fall under?

It will be middle grade or young adult. The boys in it are between ten and twelve.

Which actors would you choose to play your characters in a movie rendition?

I honestly do not know. I'm not up on my children actors. But I would like it to be through Disney or Nickelodeon.

What is the one-sentence synopsis of your book? When Zeke, Nick and Bart visit their Nana during summer vacation, they embark on an adventure far more exciting than any roller coaster at a theme park.

Will your book be self-published or represented by an agency?

At this time the plan is to have it represented by an agency. However, only time will tell.

How long did it take you to write the first draft of your manuscript?

I am still working on the first draft. Working with the three boys to plot out each chapter took about a year. It was hard to keep them on track for more than an hour at a time.

What other books would you compare this story to within your genre?

The Hardy Boys meets Mostly Ghostly

Who or what inspired you to write this book?

My three grandsons. I want to teach them to follow their dreams. If I show them how I do, and never give up, I hope they will never give up on theirs. And they are all excited about writing a book with their Nana.

What else about your book might pique the reader’s interest?

I hope it's very entertaining! And because it's co-written with myself and my grandsons, I think it will appeal to a lot of people!

I’ve tagged these writers to join in the game!

Marie at http://mariehiggins84302.blogspot.com/

Judy at http://judyswriting.blogspot.com

Please tune into these blogs the week of November 12 - 18 to check out their posts!

Comments

Popular Posts