Summer sunday breakfast

There's nothing better than sitting on the patio on a nice Sunday summer morning and having breakfast. It's one of my favorite things. And I love to experiment with recipes. What me? Sorry I guess if you visit my garden enough you already know this.

I decided to try a little bit of my own version of potato pancakes to go with scrambled eggs, sausage and toast. You know get away from the traditional hash browns. If you like fast and clean, don't attempt this. It is a bit time consuming and you will get your hands dirty. 

Potato Pancake - 1 serving - 182 Calories
1 medium Red potato grated
1/2 tsp olive oil
1/2 tsp land o lakes canola oil / butter
1/8 tsp black pepper
1/8 tsp sea salt
1/4 tsp ground chili's
1/2 tsp basil

Once you have the potato grated, squeeze all excess juice out. Then stir in all the other spices, etc. Form into a pancake and squeeze the rest of the juice out (make sure you're over the bowl, don't do what I did.) Then place in heated pan on low and slowly cook on medium to low heat. Turning every few minutes until brown and tender. Enjoy!
If you want more servings just double everything for 2, triple for 3, and so forth and so forth. (PS I forgot to take the picture before I took my first bite, sorry! Oh and I put hot sauce on it.)

Comments

Popular Posts