The Search by Nora Roberts - Review

If you know me, you know that Nora Roberts is one of my favorite authors--she's my idol, I want to be like her when I grow up. So I'm older than her and time's running out, I'm still going to be like her. As far as someday I'll have a successful book with a big publishing house. Meanwhile I love reading her books. I think my favorite series is still her Bride books. No maybe the Irish, the Gallagher's, Or..... I don't know I can't make up my mind.

Anyway, I've read one of her new books The Search.  Here's a blurb borrowed from her bookstore web site:
To most people, Fiona Bristow seems to have an idyllic life-a quaint house on an island off Seattle's coast, a thriving dog-training school, and a challenging volunteer job performing canine search and rescues. Not to mention her three intensely loyal Labs. But Fiona got to this point by surviving a nightmare...
Several years ago, Fiona was the only survivor of the Red Scarf serial killer, who shot and killed Fiona's cop fiance and his K-9 partner.
On Orcas Island, Fiona found the peace and solitude she needed to rebuild her life. But all that changes on the day Simon Doyle barrels up her drive, desperate for her help. He's the reluctant owner of an out-of-control puppy, foisted upon him by his mother. Jaws has eaten through Simon's house, and he's at his wit's end.
To Fiona, Jaws is nothing she can't handle. Simon, however, is another matter. A newcomer to Orcas, he's a rugged and in-tensely private artist, known for the exquisite furniture he creates from wood. Simon never wanted a puppy-and he most definitely doesn't want a woman. Besides, the lanky redhead is not his type. But tell that to his hormones.
As Fiona embarks on training Jaws, and Simon begins to appreciate both dog and trainer, the past tears back into Fiona's life. A copycat killer has emerged out of the shadows, a man whose bloodlust has been channeled by a master with one motive: to reclaim the woman who slipped out of his hands...



I really liked this book. The only thing is, I think her characters were very similar to another book I've read of her's recently. BUT alas, I love them all so it was okay. 


I give it a 4.5 
If you can read this, I'd recommend it highly. Another great book Ms. Roberts, how do you do it? I can't wait to read Chasing Fire

Comments

Lindsay said…
I had trouble starting the book but once I got into it I enjoyed the story

Popular Posts