Pasta Side Dish

So what do you do when you're really not in the mood to cook up something fancy? You have some chicken thawed and have no clue what to put with it? Do you have pasta? I always have some type of pasta in my cupboard. That is exactly what happened to me tonight. Here's what I cooked up:

Pasta Side Dish Serves 2
4 oz think spaghetti (Ronzoni Smart Taste)
2 strips Red Bell pepper chopped
1 tbsp red onion chopped
1 clove garlic chopped
1 tbsp virgin olive oil
1/4 tsp Ground Pepper
1/4 tsp Salt
1/4 tsp tarragon
1/2 tsp basil
1/2 tsp savory
1/2 tsp Rosemary
1/2 tsp Marjoram
1/2 tsp Crushed chili peppers
Saute chopped veggies in oil and spices. When pasta is done drain and add to the veggie and oil mixture. Toss thoroughly until it's coated evenly. Then serve.
1 cup serving
Calories 247, Total Fat 8g, Saturated fat 1g, sodium 6mg, Carbohydrate 45g, Dietary Fiber 7g, Sugars 2g, Protein 6g. Vitamin A 6%, Vitamin 23%, Calcium 30% and Iron 10%.

Riesling compliments the pasta and chicken.

Comments

Lindsay said…
YOu go with a Reisling, I'll stick to my Chard thank you
Mary said…
A chard would go well also.

We had a great dinner tonight, stay tuned for blog on Monday!
Lindsay said…
You going to give me a hint?
Mary said…
Yes I am. Sorry!

Popular Posts