Is blogger back?

Man, what was up with Blogger last week? I would like to say it messed me up on both Wednesday and Friday, but alas I can't. I have been in training for my day job and completely got behind and didn't post my writing post last Wednesday. 

However, I did post something for Friday. Where did it go is anyone's guess. I borrowed a recipe from my friend Cindy from the SLC Airport Hilton

Seafood Enchilada’s
Ingredients:
½ pound crabmeat, flaked and cartilage removed
1/2/ pound uncooked medium shrinp,peeled and deveined
½ pound bay scallops
1 medium onion
2 teaspoons butter

Sauce:
½ cup butter, cubed
1 teaspoon grated onion
¼ cup chicken broth
3 egg yolks, lightly beaten
1 cup heavy whipping cream
1 tablespoon tomato paste
8 flour tortillas (6 inches)
2 cups (8 oz.) Shredded Monterey Jack or Colby cheese

Directions: 
In a large skillet, cook the seafood and onion and broth in butter over medium heat for 4-5 minutes or until onion is tender and shrimp turn pink. Remove from heat; set aside.

In a small saucepan, melt butter. Add onion and broth. Combine egg yolks and cream; stir into broth mixture. Cook and stir until thermometer reads 160 degrees and sauce is thick enough to coat the back of a metal spoon. Stir in tomato paste. Remove from heat

Spoon 1/3 cup seafood mixture down center of each tortilla, top with 1 tablespoon sauce and 2 tablespoons cheese; roll up.
Spread ½ cup sauce into a greased 13-in. x 9-in baking dish. Place enchiladas seam side down in dish. Top with remaining sauce and cheese.

Bake uncovered, at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until heated through. 
Yields 8                           Prep Time 25 mins.              Bake Time : 20 mins.

Enjoy! Hopefully this posts. 

Comments

Popular Posts