Got Curry?

Good morning, I know it's probably too early for curry, but, hey I say it's never too early. I've been experimenting again. And I didn't burn down the kitchen.

Curry Stuffed Pork Chops and Rice 2 servings
2 2" thick pork chops slit up center
1/4 cup onion chopped
1/4 cup Red & Green bell peppers Chopped
1/2 stalk celery chopped
1 Serrano Pepper chopped
2 cloves garlic minced
1 1/2 cup Half & half fat free
1 tbsp land of lake butter w/canola oil
1 tbsp flour
1 1/2 tsp curry powder
1 tsp red pepper flakes
1/4 tsp ginger
1/4 tsp cumin
1/4 tsp turmeric powder
1/4 tsp Ground pepper
1/4 tsp sea salt
Melt butter and whip in flour, add spices stir into half & half and let simmer until thick. Saute veggies until tender and add to curry sauce.  Scoop two tbsp into the center of each pork chop. Secure the edges with two toothpicks in each. Place in oil sprayed pan, pour 2 tbsp. of sauce over the tops of chops and place in 400 degree oven for 45 minutes.  Turn the meat over half way through cooking time and add another 2 tbsp of sauce on top. Prepare rice, when done stir in the rest of the curry sauce to rice.

Serve chop over rice with a side of your favorite veggie! A white Riesling offsets the spice nicely.
Enjoy.

Comments

Kacey Mark said…
This Looks so yummy! I haven't ever tasted curry before but I've smelled it. And this recipe has me just brave enough to try it. I'll give it a go and let you know how it went!
Lindsay said…
I've had curried foods before and yes Kacey, they smell as good as they taste.
Mary said…
Kacey, please let me know. I love to hear. And Lindsay is right curry is as good as it smells.

One of my favorites is my Chicken Curry and rice recipes
http://marysbooksblogger.blogspot.com/2010/12/curry-in-garden.html

Let me know.
Mary

Popular Posts