Cajun Pot Roast

Easter Sunday pot roast, but we wanted something different. There really isn't a recipe more just how you do the roast. On Saturday I sliced some onions, shallots and green bell pepper. Along with creamer red potatoes and baby carrots I added them to a large bowl. Then in my mortar bowl I added 3 teaspoons of my Cajun spice mix and 1/4 tsp of Salt and 1/4 tsp of ground pepper and ground together until fine. I mixed 1/2 the seasoning with the vegetables. Then I slit about 6 slices in the roast and rubbed the rest of the seasoning into the meat. Then placed the roast in the bowl and sealed it and refrigerated over night.

As you can see in the Crockpot above, everything is nicely coated with the seasoning. I cooked on high for 6 hours.

Serving:
4 Oz Pot roast 243 Calories
NLEA Serving of Baby Carrots - 30 Calories
Creamer potatoes (Approx. the same size as a medium potato) 154 Calories
Cajun seasonings and onions peppers approx. 15 calories

Enjoy!

Comments

Popular Posts