Irish Stew the Martinez way

I can't believe I forgot that it was also Mardi Gras time. So after St. Patty's day I'm going to share some of my favorite New Orleans style cooking. I just need to figure out what and how to make it.

Today though I'm going to share my newest recipe. Irish Stew, done my way. Right now the house has the pleasant aroma of beef and whiskey. Yup you heard right! I apologize in advance, this is not one of my lower calorie dinners. One you'll need to have only occasionally and when you plan the rest of the day. Eat Light!


Irish Stew Serving 1.5 cups
1 lb beef (cubed)
1/4 Medium onion cut into chunks
4 medium carrots cut into larger chunks
8 medium potatoes quartered w/peel
2 cloves garlic
2 medium tomatoes cut into chunks
1 stalk celery large slices
1 tbsp olive oil
8 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
3 cups Irish Whiskey
1 Can Beef Broth 98% fat free and MSG free
1 tsp black pepper
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp savory
1 1/2 tsp Thyme 1 1/2 tsp sage

Add all vegetables and meat to slow cooker. Add Whiskey, broth and Worcestershire and oil and mix thoroughly. Grind together spices/herbs and mix in. Cook on High for 4 hours and low for 2. Serve with rolls and salad.

Serving 1 1/2 cups
728 Calories, Fat 14g, Saturated Fat 5g, Cholesterol 57mg, Sodium 812 mg, Total Carbohydrate 47g, Dietary Fiber 5g, Sugars 5g, Protein 32g. Vitamin A 162%, Vitamin C 83%, Calcium 7% and Iron 29%.

I have another recipe comping up on how to use the left over stew.

Enjoy!

Comments

Popular Posts