Rice? In the garden?

I was determined to make Greek Lemon Rice. I researched spices, and other recipes and came up with my own. However, I need to admit it wasn't 'Greek Lemon Rice'. It turned out great though, but I've shortened the name.

Easy Lemon Rice 6 - 1 cup servings
1 14oz can of Low sodium / Fat Free chicken broth
1/4 cup lemon juice
1 cup half & half (fat free)
3 tbsp. Butter
2 cloves garlic minced
1/4 cup chopped onion
3 cups Rice (Instant--yeah I'm lazy)
1/2 tsp Parsley
1/2 tsp Dill
1/4 tsp Pepper
1/4 tsp savory
In sauce pan melt butter and saute onion and garlic. Grind together spices/herbs and add to mix. Then add broth, juice and half & half bring to a boil. Add rice, cover and turn heat to low for 10 minutes. Mix thoroughly and serve.

1 cup serving 180 Calories, Fat 0g, Sodium 170mg, Total Carbohydrate 38g, Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 3g, Protein 6g. Vitamin A 3%, Vitamin C 6%, Calcium 8% and Iron 7%

Enjoy!

Comments

Popular Posts