Side dish Wednesday at the Garden

Sorry I'm a bit late today. I meant to add this last night, but time got away from me. We have a Christmas dinner Saturday night and I need to bring a potato side dish. Last Sunday night I experimented. It turned out great except I put WAY too much pepper in. I've cut down on that considerably.

Here it it:
Creamy Baked Potatoes 4- 3/4 cup servings

3 Medium Potatoes thinly sliced
1/4 Cup Bell Peppers Yellow Chopped
1/4 Cup Bell Peppers Red Chopped
1/4 Cup Bell Peppers Green Chopped
1/4 cup Chopped onion
1/4 Cup Diced Jalapeno Peppers (Fresh or canned)
1 tbsp cornstarch mixed until smooth in 1 Tbsp water
1/4 to 1/2 tsp Black Pepper (to your taste)
1/4 tsp celery seed
1/4 tsp caraway seed
1/2 tsp coriander seed (ground)
1 tsp chives (freeze dried or fresh)
1 cup Fat Free Half & Half

Mix Half & half with spices and cornstarch mixture. Place potatoes and vegetables in microwavable dish. Pour cream mixture over sliced potatoes and chopped vegetables and make sure they're all coated. Cook on medium for 5 minutes and stir and cook another 5 minutes on medium. Continue until done.

Calories 150, Sodium 167mg, Carbohydrates 32g, Fiber 2g, Sugars 8g, Protein 5g.

The next time I make it I'm leaving the caraway seeds out. Who knew they're the dang seeds in Rye bread. I hate Rye bread. My husband thought it tasted great. So that's optional to your taste.

Good luck. I suggest to all that you experiment with spices to taste instead of ingredients with high calories.

Comments

Popular Posts