Easy Christmas treats in the garden

Good Morning everyone! I'm scrambling to keep up. As most of you know, or maybe most of you do not know, I accepted a new day job with Apple. Great company, but I don't have as much time to play and blog with my friends.

I will do the best I can though. I have found a great recipe of my mom's. It would be good if you have a Christmas party to attend and you do not have much time.

Quick Crescent Pecan Pie Bars - Makes 2 dozen
8 oz. can Pillsbury refrigerated quick crescent dinner rolls
1 egg beaten
1/2 cup chopped pecans
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup corn syrup
1 tbsp. butter or margarine, melted
1/2 tsp. vanilla
Preheat oven to 375
Lightly grease 13x9 pan. Separate crescent dough into 2 large rectangles. Press rectangles over bottom and 1/2" up sides of pan to form crust, seal any holes. Bake 5 minutes.
In medium bowl combine remaining ingredients. Pour over partially baked crust. Bake 18-22 minutes until gold brown. cool. Cut into bars.

And last but not least--Enjoy!
Next week I'll share my mom's Puff Pastry and filling. I think she should have been a pastry chef.

Comments

Popular Posts