Fresh Cooking in the garden

I had no idea what to cook for dinner tonight. I had a 1 1/2 Louisiana Hot links to cook and some veggies I'd picked up. So I rummaged and came up with an idea. I know pretty scary when I do that. But it turned out dang good. And it would be good for breakfast as a side for your scrambled eggs along with a tortilla. Be sure to use all fresh vegetables.

Hot Sausage Hash 4 servings (1 to 1 1/4 cup each)
1 1/2 Louisiana Hot Links sliced --approx 1/4 inch thick
4 Medium Red potatoes cubed with skin
1 can (12 oz) Clear Chicken Broth --Fat free w/less sodium
1/4 cup chopped white onion
1/4 cup chopped green bell pepper
1/4 cup chopped red bell pepper
1 Medium Jalapeno, chopped
1/2 cup chopped mushrooms
2 Lg. Garlic cloves chopped
1/2 tsp. Cumin
Course Ground Pepper to taste

Coat Pan with cooking spray, on medium heat brown sausage, add onion, peppers and garlic. Add spices. Cook until vegetables are beginning to soften. Add mushrooms and potatoes and cook for 5 minutes. Then add broth bring to boil and cook until potatoes are soft. About 20 minutes.

Goes well with chopped green salad.

Enjoy, if you try it, pop me a comment and let me know. It's a great fall recipe.

Comments

Popular Posts