Friday at the Garden

I am so glad it's Friday. I need a weekend. How about you? I'm off to the zoo with my daughter and grandson this morning, then writing this afternoon. So this will be a quickie blog this morning.

I'm going to share one of my favorite dishes, and my kids loved it also. Now I know my last name is Martinez, but I'm still a gringo. So this may be burritos for all I know. I just made the recipe up one time when I couldn't think of anything new to cook.

Chicken Enchiladas
Chicken Fryer                                          
2 cloves of Garlic chopped
14.5 oz. Can Diced Tomatoes                  
8 oz. Mild Cheddar Cheese
4 oz. Can Diced Green Chili's                  
8 oz. Monterey Jack Cheese
15 oz. Can Kidney Beans (drained)         
½ Onion Chopped
15 oz. Can Green Chili Enchilada Sauce 
Pkg. Tortilla's
Place oven on Bake at 350˚
Cook Chicken set aside to cool. Grate cheese in mixing bowl and mix
both cheeses together, and set aside. Brown chopped onion and Garlic.
hen pull chicken off the bones and shred into frying pan. Add onion,
garlic, chili's, and kidney beans. Stir until all ingredients heated. Then
scoop into a tortilla, sprinkle with cheese and roll. Place on greased
cookie sheet. Continue until you have about 8 to 10 tortillas filled.
Then spoon green enchilada sauce over all and then sprinkle with
remaining cheese. Bake for 10-15 minutes until cheese is melted.

I hope you enjoy!

Comments

Lindsay said…
Sorry I didn't get to look at the recipe sooner. Bad day, all day.
Should I rinse the beans in cold water after I drain them?
Mary said…
Are you supposed too? LOL I'm such a putz when it comes to stuff like that. I've never done that. Just drain the can and put the beans in.
Lindsay said…
Okay.

Popular Posts