Time travels fast when you're having fun!

Wow, it's been a long time since I posted. What have I been doing? Well shortly after the last post I went to the National RWA Conference in D.C. Had a wonderful time with friends. I love my roomies, Nancy from North Carolina, Jennifer from Tallahassee and Amy from Shreveport. Can't get better than that.

I volunteered this year and I was lucky enough to be assigned to moderate a workshop given by Susan Elizabeth Phillips, how cool is that? I could go on and on about my experience there, but it's been so long that you've probably heard it all.

We spent the rest of the summer going to concerts, yes we are the concert whores of Utah. We've seen Diana Krall, Chris Isaak, and in one concert we saw Cat Power, Juliette Lewis (Yes the actress that was in Cape Fear, Dusk til Dawn, Natural Born Killers and a gazillion more) and the head liner Chrissy Hynde or if you want to get technical The Pretenders. All exceptional!
And if we're bored at the concerts we can always play, Where's Waldo! LOL.

Then we saw the annual Saturday's Voyeur by SL Acting Company. This is a spoof on life in Utah, or I'd describe it. You just have to live here to get it. Let's just say I laughed so hard I had tears running down my face, not to mention it hurt!

I've been busy getting my edits back to BookStrand for the first of my three contracted books with them. Chick Magnet will be tentatively be out in October, electronically and in print in March of 2010.

I've also been helping with URWA Conference in the Fall, if you like small conferences check it out at the Utah web site. We have a great line up.

Oh and did I say I've been working on the 3rd book of the year? Yeah, all the while playing and having fun with the family.

And amidst all of this I've had ankle surgery for a torn tendon. I finally have the stitches out and the doc said I can go without the boot around the house, but out side, gotta wear it. After tripping on the rug twice today I'm thinking maybe I should still wear the damn thing inside too.

I will try very hard not to wait so long before for my next post! I am almost finished reading one of the excellent books I picked up at nationals, I'll review it!

This weekend we're off to another concert. Chuck Berry--Yes he's still alive!

Oh goodness, I almost forgot. Our daughter Nichole is helping with a retreat in Napa. I so want to go, but I'll have to wait until next time. If you like retreats and spiratual healings, etc. please check out their Nature to Nourish Web site!

Talk to you soon!

Comments

Popular Posts