Carla Neggers Review / Cut and Run

Cut and Run
Carla Neggers
MIRA - Romantic Suspense

The largest uncut diamond in the world, the Minstrel's Rough, is little more than a legend. Brought into the Pepperkamp family in 1548, it has been handed down to one keeper in each generation. Juliana Fall has inherited its splendor from her uncle--and, unwittingly, its legacy of danger.

Juliana Fall is a concert pianist and has no interest in the diamond, and really doesn't take it seriously until people start turning up, dead.

Matthew Stark Vietnam war hero turned journalist finds out that some of the men from his war days are after the diamond. At first he's confused with the information he has been given, but as he follows the story he meets Juliana Fall, a very intriguing woman.

Ms. Neggers tells a story of Nazi occupation and how the Pepperkamp's made it through along with the diamond. At times, the back-story became tedious and repetitive. I had a hard time keeping myself interested in the story. A lot of the information wasn't needed or over stated. The suspense could have been nail biting, however, every time I got to the point where I couldn't wait to turn the page, I did, and alas, more unneeded information and it pulled me out of the story. I'm not sure I would recommend this story. Because it is well written though, I will not give it a one.
I give this a 2

Comments

Popular Posts