March News and Notes

 

March News and Notes Newsletter






Mary's March News and Notes
View in browser 

Mary's News and Notes

It is MARCH! How can that be? It seems like it was just yesterday it was Christmas. As I get older the days, months, and years fly by at an alarming rate. There is an urgency in my soul that if I don't hurry to accomplish all my dreams I'll run out of time. 

The good thing about March? It's St. Paddy's day AND my birthday! In Utah we celebrate the Saturday before or after, depending on where in the week it lands. Once in a while it lands on a Saturday, a cause for great celebration. This year would have been a Saturday St. Paddy's Day but leap year got in the way.

Author Spotlight

Robert Foster

I am excited to introduce you all to a new author. It will be exciting to see where his new adventure takes him. 

Bio

Robert Foster has had stories stuck in his head his whole life. He has recently published his debut novel, Morgan's Mount.

Robert is drawn to the dark places in the world and also enjoys a good laugh.

After a twelve year teaching career, he decided to use his current work/life balance to pursue his creative goal of writing stories. He writes horror, crime fiction, and fantasy, and also enjoys drawing.

Follow Robert on social

Morgan's Mount

Blurb: Some men deserve to die twice.

All Marco wanted was a paycheck, a big money job to solve all his problems. The ruined castle and pencil-necked historian were not what he’d expected when he arrived in Wales.

Now, he spends each day running for his life and every night wondering if he’s made a huge mistake. Things were bad back in Philadelphia. In Morgan’s Mount, they’re worse than he’d imagined.

Update on my 'Fake it until I make it' goal. 

My granddaughter is helping her Nana (me) get my books out there. How many of you have neighborhood libraries? We have several throughout Utah. Her mother has a box of books in her trunk and whenever they spot one they stop and my granddaughter puts one in. Of course, I have signed them and have placed my card with my information in each. 

As always my husband, our friends, and some of our family attended the annual Saint Patrick's Day Parade in Salt Lake City. We had a great time. I thought I'd share a bit of the parade. 

Monthly Recipe 

Irish Stew

Happy St. Paddy's day!

Irish Stew - Serves 4

I cook mine in the crock pot.
1 lb. Stew meat - Traditional Lamb (substitute with beef)
4 tbsp. Flour
1 onion chopped
3 carrots sliced
3 medium or 5 small white potatoes cut into quarters
1/2 tsp dried Thyme
1 1/2 pints beef broth (substitute half liquid with Guinness Stout-optional)
2 tbsp. chopped fresh parley
Salt and Pepper

Brown meat. Add meat, veggies and liquid to crock pot. Stir in seasoning and place on high for two hours. Then turn to low for 4-5 hours. About an hour before serving remove some of the liquid and mix with flour until thick and smooth and poor into the stew. Stir thoroughly and it will thicken the last out of cooking. Serve with Guinness and Soda Bread.

Irish Soda Bread

Makes 1 Loaf
Preheat Oven to 425 degrees.
Take a round cake pan and oil it and then dust with flour.
2 cups Flour (plus some for dusting)
1 tsp salt
1 tsp Baking Soda
14 oz. Buttermilk
Dried Cranberries or Raisins (Optional)

Mix, flour, salt, and soda in a glass bowl. Then make a bowl in the flour mixture pour most of the buttermilk in and mix with hands until sticky.

Dust a little more flour and buttermilk. Then rub your hands with flour and spread flour on pastry mat and then knead the dough into a round dough and put in the pan. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes until golden brown on the top. Let cool for a couple minutes but serve warm.

FREE Books! 

I'm in a promotion with other authors. You can download as many as you want. My free book is Classic Murder: Mr. Romance. You will be signed up for their newsletter. And you're already on my newsletter, if you'd like to share please do. Runs through March 31, 2024.

I am looking for ARC Readers. 

Do you like to read? Would you like a advanced readers copy (ARC) of my next book? Sign up now!

As always, thank you for all of your support

Follow Mary!

Mary's Newsletter

MAGNA
United States of America


You received this email because you signed up on our website or made a purchase from us.

Unsubscribe

Do you like Mary's newsletter? Share it!

facebook x
Sent by MailerLite

Comments

Aviator said…
Your post is a radiant example of brilliance! Insightful, well-articulated, and truly valuable. Thanks for sharing your perspective. Join the conversation about Aviator on our dedicated blog.

Popular Posts