News from M. L. Foxx

Welcome to Mary's Garden where imagination blooms. 

I find hope in the darkest of days, and focus in the brightest. I do not judge the universe.
~~Dalai Lama 

Today I'm going to turn the blog over to my other persona M. L. Foxx. 

2021 is just starting and I have hope for the future. I have goals I've set for myself and I plan to follow through. 

I have a little background to share on M. L. Foxx and how and why I wrote the Celtic Myst Trilogy. As Mary I had the idea to write a story about Celtic Myth, fantasy, etc. for years. However, the actual story was just out of my grasp. And then a few things happened and the story fell into place and I had to write it. 

First, as most of you know I'm adopted. Well I didn't know what my heritage was, but I had this affinity with anything Irish. Folklore, Ireland, St. Paddy's day. My parents (adoptive) were German and Dane, what a combo, right? Anyway, I started at a young age saying "I'm adopted I can be anything I want, so I'm Irish." 

Fast forward 60 years and I did the DNA, and you got it... I'm Irish. I'm actually 90% Irish, Scottish and a bit of English thrown in the mix. Then I did the adoption search and found my birth parents. I met my birth mother, Anderson - That's a story for another blog. That line traces mostly to the Scottish side. And I was too late to meet my birth father, who's last name is Fox. But I found my half-sister. Through her I found that my grandmother's family came from Ireland. 

After I found this information of course I had to visit Scotland and Ireland. The minute I stepped onto Irish soil I felt HOME. When I returned my story flew. And trilogy was born. All my other books are romantic suspense, womens fiction, romance and one middle grade. Not a fantasy in the bunch. My other persona was born. M. L. Foxx. 

The story is in three sections. I published each as a book. Then when it was completed I published the complete trilogy as one book. 

This week, I received a review for the trilogy. The reviewers words humbled me. It is by far the best review I have received as Mary or M. L. and I believe it is because my heritage, my love of the culture and people all came out in my words

Here is the review:
My Rating: 5+ stars 
Celtic Myst: The Complete Trilogy is a brilliant epic fantasy from start to finish.
The world-building is exceptional and truly transports the reader. What makes it such a compelling read is how M.L. Foxx layers in classic Celtic mythology. The plot progression is paced perfectly, with natural ebbs and flows. The characters are so well developed, they became a part of me. It’s been a long time since I’ve read such a sublime fantasy trilogy and yes, I believe Professor Tolkien would agree. If you’re looking for your next epic fantasy to binge-read, pick up Celtic Myst: The Complete Trilogy. Highly recommend!

Blurb:
Celtic Myst Trilogy is a story of good against evil. A story of great love that spans
centuries. And above all, a story of courage.

The Cupán of Flúirse Book 1
Forged by the gods, the Cupán of Flúirse is born under the thunder of Taranis, fashioned with symbols of the elements to bring peace and abundance to the clans.

In Search of the Cupán of Flúirse Book 2
A journey through the ages, a battle with evil, and a sacrifice for all that was lost.

Returning the Cupán of Flúirse Book 3
​A prophecy, a final epic battle and a mystery revealed.
In this epic conclusion, Amergin discovers sometimes the most important quests sought in the future, must be accomplished in the past.

Buy Links:   

Thank you all of your continued support. 

PS... If you subscribe to my Blog/Newsletter you will receive a Free eCopy of Watching Jenny by Mary Martinez.  Please email me so I know where to send your copy. 

Comments

Popular Posts