Wine and Books and Writing

Welcome to Mary's Garden. It's finally spring in Utah. Though it did snow 4 or 5 inches the other day. But that is Utah. Before I talk wine, books, and writing, three of my favorite subjects, it is time for a garden tip. I'm going to borrow from the Old Farmers Almanac

Have you always wanted to have grapes in your backyard? Or, do you have an old grapevine that has grown completely out of control? If so, for tips read this...

Now onto my favorite subjects. You may wonder what one has to do with the other two. To some there is no connection. To others like myself, they all go together. There is nothing I love better than to curl up with a good book and a glass of wine. Or to sit out on the patio with my laptop with my current manuscript and a glass of wine or a mimosa. 

While doing a little research, I found I'm not the only one who feels this way. I found several fun facts. 


First, we'll go over wine and writing. Did you know they have an actual group of writing and wine? Well yes there is. Sounds wonderful to me. A new type of club. A writing club. 

And of course I found out that there is a correct wine to drink while writing. What is it? Red. According to this article. I don't necessarily agree. 

Did you know that wine increases productivityAnd more creativityI believe these two!

Wine could actually help solve writer's block, what else is there to say?

Now you know the connections with wine and writing but what about wine and books?

There are at least 12 wine and book groups. The largest being in Sydney, Australia. Follow the link if you want to join one. 

Then I found a fun one from Book Bub 12 Books to read with Wine. Then one of my favorites is 9 Book and Wine Pairings that are perfect for a Boozy Book Club. 

Another favorite is Tipsy Lit Launches Perfect Pairings of Wine and Books. Except I'm not sure about the canned wine...

And now I'm going to tell you why I've brought up the three subjects. I'm a writer and so is my friend Judy Baker. We thought it would be fun to host an event that includes all three of my favorite subjects. We're authors, and I have wine while I write. We both love to read while enjoying a glass of wine. 

The name of the event is Books + Wine = Romance. Get where I'm going with this? It's all about the wine and how it enhances your experience with reading and writing. 
Join us May 19, 2019, Noon to 2 pm. (unless we're having too much fun, then it may be later.)


Do you love books? Do you love the taste of a crisp white wine or a full-bodied rosé with aromas of freshly-picked berries? Do you love romance? Then you’re in luck.

Judy Baker and I are published in multiply genres. Enjoy exploring your favorite genres, starting with romance, romantic suspense, historical western, women’s fiction and more.

Brett Ludemann of Flora Fauna Wines will guide us in a sensory examination and evaluation of white and rosé wines. They will be paired with delicious bites prepared by We Olive Wine Bar.
Includes:
Wine Tasting: 2 White and 3 Rosés wines, Tentative Pairing menu:
Stuffed peppadew peppers, prosciutto wrapped dates, crostini, castlevatrano olives, and the fromage flatbread.

And a book from each author plus a wine bucket filled with other goodies. (Additional food and drinks are available.)
Be prepared to fall in love!
Limited Tickets available get your tickets now!

This Event is hosted by:
MaryMartinez.com
JudyBakerAuthor.com
We Olive Wine Bar
Flora/Fauna Wines

I would really love for you to join us!

Comments

Popular Posts