Interview with Jolene of the Indiana Herald.

Good morning, welcome to Mary's Garden, fill up your plates and have your favorite beverage. Today we have a video of an interview with Joline from the Indiana Herald and Madison McCullough a local legal aid attorney.

Jolene settled into her chair and picked up her notes. After she'd studied them a moment, once apparently satisfied she smiled at her guest. "Thank you Ms. McCullough for meeting with me today."

"Please call me Madison. It's a pleasure to be here."

"Well then, Thank you Madison. Shall we begin?"

"I'm ready when you are."

Joline consulted her notes. "Tell us a little about your work."

Madison looked over the the window and then a slow smile spread. "I make barely enough money to make a living, but I love it. I'm a legal aid attorney. I represent people, good hard working people, who are having trouble defending their rights."

"I've done a little research and realize your not just a little passionate about your work, but you live to fight the wealthy when they're trying to trample on the little guy."

"You bet your ass, er, excuse me. But yes, you're correct."

"Give us an example."

Madison stood and paced a bit and then returned to her seat. "I can't use names of course, but I have a young client who naively thought a young man at a frat party actually cared about her. As you can imagine he just wanted to get in her virginal panties. He, of course, was the golden boy of papa's eye and when the young girl came up pregnant and to boot she was only sixteen, yup under age. Well the head of the family has made it his goal in life to prove the young girl was after his prince and the money and they should raise the baby and cut the mother completely out of the baby's life. Oh not to mention, smear the young woman's name and paint her the slut. She's a young hard working, now, single mom. Working during the day and going to school at night and struggling to protect her little one."

Joline chuckled. "And I can see you're very fierce on behalf of your client. I'd like to be in the courtroom when you meet."

"It's a public hearing."

"Madison, I just may take you up on that invitation. I'd like to see how things turn out." She smiled and put her notepad in her bag. "I know how busy you are, thank you for meeting with me today."

"You are more than welcome, I hope to see you in the courtroom."

Chick Magnet
Blurb:
Madison McCullough is recuperating from a broken heart. Her fiance hadn't really loved her, he had used her as a babysitter for his young son while he wined and dined other women.

Brady O'Neill is a Formula One race car driver recuperating from injuries from a near death accident and a broken heart. Brady's matchmaking sister believes her son to be a chick magnet and encourages Brady to take her son to the grocery store.

When Madison and Brady meet, oranges roll. Thanks to Payton, Brady's nephew. The first eye contact over the fruit table causes the air to sizzle. No matter how much Madison resists the attraction, the two are destined for each other.

Buy links: Amazon, Barnes and Noble, iTunes, Kobo, IndieBound, BAM

Comments

stanalei said…
Great interview!! I remember that scene as one of my favs!

Popular Posts