A couple of weeks ago I told you I had gone to a conference. That event caused a chain reaction in my writing life. I took all the advice to heart and gave my banner, my logo, and tag line a new lease on life.
1. Make a name brand. With a button that people recognize.
2. Make all of your social media uniform. Banners have your books, and all of your buttons/logo's match. All done; Facebook, Blog, YouTube, Google+, Twitter, linkedIN, Goodreads, and Pinterest.
4. Never give away your book for free. Unless it's an older book. But your new work, you want people to buy, so why would you give it away? Give other fun goodies instead.
5. Podcasts and Videocasts are the thing. Instead of, or along with your bio have a podcast/videocast of you. People like to feel as if they have met you, know you. I've added a video on my "About" me page.
6. And on promotion, one of the most popular... A box set with other authors. I have joined with five other authors to do a set of suspense. Dangerous Intent. It's only $.99 and it's five full length and one novella. Check it out.
As you can imagine, this has been a lot of work. But watching my sales, though they haven't gone through the roof by any means, they've stepped up. So I will continue the efforts.
I hope you have time to visit my new stuff!
Have a great week!