Debut Paranormal Author Laurel Lowe

Everyone ready for a little paranormal? If you are, then you're in for a treat. Welcome Laurel Lowe, debut paranormal author. However, you may have met her before! Back in 2010, she gave me an interview. I know, I know, you're saying how can she be a debut author? Because I interviewed her for something else! She just so happens to be a medium and spiritual counselor. If you’d like to read through her first interview, check here.

Everyone, you know what to do now! It’s still cold and snowy in the garden so fill your plate with goodies and your favorite warm beverage and find a place by a heater and settle in and enjoy!

Mary: Welcome back my friend. I’m very excited to have you here again. But first before we get into Laurel the Author, please tell us a little about yourself. Something that wasn’t on our other interview. You know Laurel the wife, Laurel the Mom, etc.

Laurel: Laurel the wife is married to Alan Lowe who is a hospice social worker! We always joke about how funny it would be for him to counsel the dying and then his patients family can come to me to find out how their departed loved one is doing on the other side! Laurel the mom, I prefer Mommy or Mama, is busy with two little girls ages 5 & 7 going on 17 thanks to the Disney Channel. And no, they have no interest in what I do and find it annoying when they see orbs floating around.

Mary: Because you’re here for an author interview I can’t get into all the fun stuff I want to ask you about, though most I may know but my guests will not. So we’ll save that for another time. And they can check out our earlier interview.

So imagine my surprise when I went to your web site to figure out a good time for a reading and saw a BOOK! Not a paranormal, medium advice book, which I’ve expected at some point, but a paranormal fiction The Country House. And of course I bought it for my Kindle the same day. So how did this happen?

Laurel: I wrote this book twenty years ago but got so fed up with all the red tape in getting it published that I shoved it in a large manila envelope and let it collect dust in my closet instead. Early last year, I met a producer and told him about the long lost story I wrote and he expressed interest in making it into a movie. That prompted me to add some more characters, fun, and spook to the book. It was only then that I realized I now had the capability of publishing it on my own through CreateSpace.

Mary: I have it on good authority there is a sequel in the works. Can you tell us a bit about it, without giving too much away? And when can we expect it?

Laurel: The last page of my book leaves you knowing where the sequel is going and who the new characters will be. But, I get really 'out there' this time - aliens. I'm still writing, but my goal is to have it published by the end of the year if not sooner. Fingers crossed. I'm determined to not let this go on hiatus another 20 years.

Mary: Do you find it hard doing your spiritual work, writing, mom, Alan, wife and all the other things that go with life? Or maybe I should have said, how in the hell do you find the time?

Laurel: It's extremely hard but I truly rely on the universe to tell me when it's time to do what. I take Monday's off from psychic mediumship in order to write when the girls are at school, but sometimes I just end up watching tv all day for an escape.

Mary: Okay, where can all your new fans find you? Web site, social media and where can they buy your new book?

Laurel: The Country House can be ordered through Createspace, Amazon and Barnes and Noble. There are also links on www.laurellowe.com. I have many pages on Facebook: Laurel Hill Lowe, Psychic Medium Laurel Lowe, Sixth Sense, Kaasha, and of course, The Country House by Laurel Lowe.


Blurb of The Country House:
The Country House is a wonderfully spun tale that takes you on a thrilling journey into the paranormal! A well-to-do New York City couple decides to save their marriage by having weekend getaways at their country house in the Poconos. But all sorts of problems start to emerge when they learn their 5 year old daughter's imaginary friend isn't so imaginary after all! With just enough comedy to lure you into the darker parts of the story, a lesson fully emerges about the dangers of playing with a Ouija Board.

And here is where I planned to put the review. I am so sorry. I am not finished. It's getting interesting the Ouija Board is just starting to cause havoc. So let me just say this... Everyone needs to read it. Then check back with me and let me know how you liked it.

Thank you, Laurel, for joining us at Mary’s Garden again. It’s always a pleasure to have you here. When your next book is out, you’ll have to drop by.

But, of course, darling Mary! Thank YOU!

Comments

Popular Posts