Baby Squash

Who knew? I'd never even seen a baby squash, those little tiny yellow things. When I saw them at the grocery store, it was a must buy. I had to try them. Man, I was not disappointed. I love summer, there is so much to cook that's fresh and good and low calorie, all a plus. So here we go...

Baby Squash - makes 2 servings
1 tbsp olive oil
1 1/2 cups baby squash (halved after measured)
1 tsp basil (fresh is the best)
1/4 tsp ground pepper
1 clove fresh garlic chopped
1/3 cup sweet red onion (chopped)
Blue Cheese crumbled to taste and sprinkled over right before serving.
Heat olive oil in the pan, then add all ingredients (except cheese) and sauté. 

Approx 80 calories per 1 cup serving. 

I served it with a fingerling potato mixture with onions, garlic and pepper. With a stuffed porkchop and wine, of course. Enjoy!

Comments

Popular Posts