What's in your fridge potluck

So the other day Ron texted me while at work and said "What do you want me to take out for dinner?" As usual I'd forgotten to take something out. So I said grab some linked Colosimo Sausage. When I got home I took stock, what did I have? I still had some fresh veggies from the farmer's market trip and I always have rice in the cupboard.

I thought what the hey? I'll do my own thrown together Jambalaya. Yes, I have a recipe, but not all the ingredients. So I went with what I had.

Mary's thrown together Jambalaya Feeds two and no counting calories.
2 link Sausage sliced (browned)
1 1/2 cups minute rice - Made with 1 1/2 cups chicken broth (low sodium, low fat)
1/2 shallot chopped
2 cloves fresh garlic chopped
2 tomatoes seeded and chopped.
1/2 green Zucchini sliced
1/2 yellow squash sliced
4 leaves fresh basil chopped
1 1/2 Tablespoons Cajun Seasoning Mix
Saute meat and veggies with 1/2 seasoning mix.  Boil broth, add rice and the rest of the seasoning. When tender add rice to meat and vegetable mix, simmer about 5 minutes. And serve!   

Pairs well with Riesling.
Enjoy!

Comments

Popular Posts