Low Fat Potato Salad for a Crowd

It's Easter and if you're cooking for my family, it's a crowd. As most of us are watching our food/calorie intake I took my traditional recipe and used fat free where possible and I'm sharing it with you. I didn't tell Ron I had done that until after he tasted it, and he couldn't tell, so it passed BIG TIME!

Low Fat Potato Salad for a Crowd (approx. 19 - 1 cup servings)
17 boiled potatoes skin on, cubed
18 hard boiled eggs - cubed
1/2 cup green onions chopped (about 4 bunches)
8 spears Kosher Dill pickles chopped
1 cup Fat Free Mayo
1 cup fat free Miracle Whip
1/2 cup mustard
1/4 cup ketchup
1 Tbsp pickle juice
1/2 tsp Sea Salt
1 tsp Ground pepper
1 tsp Dill weed
Chop potatoes, eggs, onions and pickles, put them in a bowl and set aside. In separate bowl put in Mayo, miracle whip, mustard, ketchup and pickle juice. Mix until smooth. Pour over potatoes and mix until everything is coated. Mix the spices together and mix into the salad. Chill until cold and serve.
1 cup - Calories 194. Total fat 5g, Saturated Fat 1g, Cholesterol 204mg, Sodium 470mg, Total Carbs 29g, Dietary Fiber 2g, Sugars 4g, Proteins 9g, Vit. A 3%, Vit. C 43%, Calcuim 2%, Iron 6%.

Sorry about the picture, I'm sort of a messy cook, so the bowl is messy. I tried to slice up some eggs to spread across the top to make it pretty, I finally just chopped the damn things up and mixed them in.

Then do what we're going to do, have a nice picnic out in this wonderful weather and enjoy!

Comments

Popular Posts