Creamy Baked Potatoes

I decided it was time to experiment again! And those of you who are not into spicy will be glad to know I stuck with herbs/spices. Not Cajun! This is one of those times where I got ahead of myself. I always write things on my recipe as I make it. Then usually I wait until it's done, take a picture in and the next couple of day's, post it. Not today. I wrote the post and then ate. So just an FYI, it doesn't look as creamy as I thought, the flavor is very good. But you can cut the veggies in half and probably the Half and Half. And when you bake it, cover the pan with aluminum foil for at least half of the baking time. Next time, I'm going to try it without the peppers and just do the potatoes, cheese, onions and garlic w/spices.

Creamy Potatoes (sort of) - 3 servings
5-6 small red potatoes cut in half
1/2 cup Fat-free Mozzarella Shredded Cheese
1/2 Cup fat-free half and half
1/4 onion chopped
1/4 red pepper chopped
1/4 green pepper chopped
1/4 jalapeno pepper chopped
2 cloves garlic chopped
3 largish brown mushrooms chopped
Mix all veggies in bowl
Grind together the spices with pestle and mortor:
1/4 tsp black pepper
1/4 tsp dill
1/2 tsp rosemary
1/4 tsp sea salt
1/2 tsp summer savory
1 tsp basil
1/4 tsp tarragon
Mix spices with veggies, add half and half and cheese and mix thoroughly and pour into loaf pan. Bake 425 for 1 hour. 1 serving 279 calories
Serve with pork chops, garden salad and Riesling.  Enjoy!

Comments

Popular Posts