Review on: Chasing Fire by Nora Roberts

Once again I've read the great Ms. Roberts. And she always manages to keep me on the edge of my seat. Why can't I write like that? I wish I knew how she does it. I loved Chasing Fire, I didn't know much about fire jumping, but Ms. Roberts makes it interesting even as she tells a compelling story.

Here's the blurb (Again borrowed from her web site)

There's little as thrilling as firefighting-at least to Rowan Tripp. The Missoula smoke jumpers are in Rowan's blood: her father is a legend. She's been fighting fires since her eighteenth birthday. At this point, returning to the wilds of Montana for the season feels like coming home-even with reminders of the partner she lost last season still lingering.

Fortunately, this year's rookie crop is one of the strongest ever-and Gulliver Curry's one of the best. He's also a walking contradiction, a hotshot firefighter with a big vocabulary and a winter job at a kids' arcade.

Everything is thrown off balance when a dark presence lashes out against Rowan, looking to blame someone for last year's tragedy. Rowan knows she can't complicate things with Gull-any distractions in the air or on the ground could mean the end-but if she doesn't find someone she can lean on, she may not make it through the summer. . .

Take about living on the edge. How do real people do it? The only complaint I have, once again, are that the characters do seem very similar to some of her other stories. But I still read them because I can't seem to get enough. I would recommend this to anyone who loves to read!
Nora is where I got the Black Dahlia from. Anyway I give it 4.5 Dahlia's!


Let me know how you like it!

Comments

stanalei said…
Got this book on my next TBR pile. Thanks for the review. I'm excited to read it.
Diane said…
I enjoy Nora Roberts' books, and like the setting of firefighting in Montana. I was raised in eastern Montana, so I can relate to it.
I ordered the first book of her new series, The Inn Boonsboro Trilogy on audible... "The historic hotel in BoonsBoro, Maryland, has endured war and peace, changing hands, even rumored hauntings. Now it's getting a major facelift from the Montgomery brothers and their eccentric mother." Amazon...
Mary said…
Hi Diane,
I ordered her first book also. I can't wait!

And Nora Roberts Inn her and her husband restored and now has opened, I'd love to stay there!
Luxembourg said…
I love Nora Roberts and even when she's not at her best she's head and shoulders above the rest, so I gave it three stars, but this book didn't grab me. Too much about fires and not enough character development(both heroine and hero are derivatives of her usual strong protagonists) and a mystery you can figure out a quarter of the way through the book. You know how when you finish one of her really good books and you want to start re-reading it immediately - this isn't one of them.
Mary said…
Thanks for dropping by luxembourg Now that you say that, she did add a bit more than I needed to know about the fire fighting business, though I did find it interesting. I always love to hear what others think of the books I read.

Popular Posts