Review on: Castle TV Series and Heat Wave by Richard Castle

What should I review first? Mmmm Decisions... First, who actually wrote the books? Richard Castle? Who is the real life author? Does anyone know, I checked Wikipedia and couldn't find out, what's up with that? So if you know, please tell us in a comment! I do know that the screenwriter of Castle is, Andrew W. Marlowe, but does he write the novels?

Let's go with Heat Wave By Richard Castle first.
Blurb: 

A New York real estate tycoon plunges to his death on a Manhattan sidewalk. A trophy wife with a past survives a narrow escape from a brazen attack. Mobsters and moguls with no shortage of reasons to kill trot out their alibis. And then, in the suffocating grip of a record heat wave, comes another shocking murder and a sharp turn in a tense journey into the dirty little secrets of the wealthy. Secrets that prove to be fatal. Secrets that lay hidden in the dark until one NYPD detective shines a light.

Mystery sensation Richard Castle, blockbuster author of the wildly best-selling Derrick Storm novels, introduces his newest character, NYPD Homicide Detective Nikki Heat. Tough, sexy, professional, Nikki Heat carries a passion for justice as she leads one of New York City's top homicide squads. She's hit with an unexpected challenge when the commissioner assigns superstar magazine journalist Jameson Rook to ride along with her to research an article on New York's Finest. Pulitzer Prize-winning Rook is as much a handful as he is handsome. His wise-cracking and meddling aren't her only problems. As she works to unravel the secrets of the murdered real estate tycoon, she must also confront the spark between them. The one called heat.

I had a very hard time getting into this book. I couldn't reconcile Jameson Rook as Richard Castle, of course I know it's not really the same but it is. Odd though it sounds. Finally about midway through it began to get mildly entertaining to me. It was okay, not the greatest book, not the worst either. I most likely will NOT read the others.
I give Heat Wave 3 Dahlia's. It's okay to read.




On to Castle the TV Series. I absolutely love Nathan Fillion. The characters are great. Even my husband watches every week. And if my DVR messes up, Comcast watch out! No one messes with my Castle recording.

If you haven't seen it, it's Monday nights on ABC. Check your local listings for time. And if you have Comcast you can find it On Demand. I know so therefore I should never miss an episode.
I give Castle a HUGE 5, I need a 5.5 just for this.

Comments

Lindsay said…
I really love the show so much that when we had the freak storm at the end of October I couldn't record, I have all the episodes saved on my DVR, I got the missing episode from iTunes.
Mary said…
I know. Last year there was a glitch on my DVR and for whatever reason it wouldn't record Castle. I was so mad. It turned out to be an engineering problem with Comcast. I always have the weird stuff happen.

Popular Posts