Pappardelle Al Sugo

I love pasta, what can I say. On my anniversary my husband and I went to a little Italian Restaurant in Downtown Salt Lake City. Cafe Molise. This is the dish I had. Of course, I had to try it. So armed with the name of the pasta my husband and I made a trip to Tony Caputo's I love this place. I wish we lived closer.

Anyway we found what I was looking for and from memory of what I thought was in the dish and what it said on the menu I came up with a recipe.

Pappardelle Al Sugo
1/4 lb ground pork (hot optional) browned and crumbled as fine as possible.
1/4 lb ground beef browned and crumbled as fine as possible.
5 Tomatoes seeded and chopped
1 tbsp olive oil
1/4 onion finely chopped
1/2 can tomato w/zesty chili's
2 tsp Savory
1/4 tsp pepper
1/4 tsp salt
2 tbsp grated asiago cheese
18 Oz Pappardelle

Add all ingredients, except asiago cheese and pasta, into a sauce pan and cook on medium low for 2 hours, then turn to low for 2 hours.

Cook Pappardelle in large pan until almost done. Drain water and place back in pan. Add sauce and cheese and toss lightly with pasta and serve.


Sprinkle asiago check over the top as desired.

Goes well with a light red Italian wine.

Enjoy!

Comments

Lindsay said…
Why do you cook it so long it the meats are already cook?
Mary said…
Because it is a slow cooking sauce. It really made it tender.

Popular Posts