Guest recipe in the garden

In Utah some of our schools are on year around. Meaning the kids have 3 to 4 weeks off at a time throughout the year. I've had grandson's over this last week and all of this week. Needless to say my playing with recipes is a little limited, especially when the boys are such picky eaters. Today I'm posting one of the recipes my friend Cindy from the Airport Hilton sends me.

I asked the boys what food they liked other than burgers and fries and they surprised me by saying when they said Sheppard's Pie. Tonight I'm trying my hand at composing a recipe for the pie. If it turns out, watch for the recipe on Friday!


MINI SALMON BURGERS

1 Egg Beaten
1 Can (15oz) Salmon, drained, flaked
¼ cup Miracle Whip Dressing
20 Ritz Crackers, finely crushed (about ¾ cup)
1 Green Onion, sliced
12 Mini Whole Wheat sandwich rolls (3 inch) partially split
3 plum tomatoes cut into 4 slices each
1 cup Baby Spinach Leaves
¼ cup Thousand Island Dressing

Mix first 5 ingredients until well blended, shape into 12
(3 inch) patties, Refrigerate 2 hours.

Cook in large nonstick skillet on medium-high heat 3 to 4 min. on each side or until golden brown on both sides.

Serve in rolls topped with remaining ingredients.

Prep time: 10 min.
Total time 2 hrs. 12 min.
Makes 12 servings

Enjoy!

Comments

Popular Posts