Writing day in the Garden

I've started a new project. It's something I need to research and make sure I have my format correct, etc. I'm nervous and excited at the same time. Are you that way when you start something new?

I'm going to convert one of my manuscripts into a screenplay. I took some classes at a conference I attended recently. I may have mentioned it in an earlier post. My mind isn't what it used to be. Anyway I've picked up some reference books, and I've also downloaded some helpful software.

Now I need to force myself to find the time to work. But when I'm nervous and unsure of what I'm doing I tend to throw self made roadblocks in my way.

I know the golden rule is: Write every day! Even if it's only a sentence. However, that is easy to say, but when you work full time and enjoy helping with the grandkids, it's easy to put that sentence off.

A friend of mine who knows what my new project is, has sent me some information on the equivalent of NaNoWriMo for screenplays. Script Frenzy. I'm hoping that it will jump start my motivation. So instead of letting the project scare the bejeebe's out of me, I'm confident and can have fun doing it. Anyone want to join me? My user name is Marygoesawriting, please be my writing buddy.

So do you ever find yourself throwing self imposed roadblocks? If so what advice can you give me? Anyone come up with any magical tricks? I know I'm not the only one who has these problems.

Comments

Lindsay said…
Good luck with converting one of your stories into a screenplay. If anyone can do it I know you can
Mary said…
Thanks for the confidence, Lindsay, I need all the help I can get!

So you work full time how do you get around self made roadblocks?
Lindsay said…
My roadblocks are created by others. I either drive over them but sometimes have to go around.

Popular Posts