Curry in the Garden

Last Friday night I found myself faced with some thawed chicken and not a clue with what to prepare. Once again I experimented. My husband paid me the highest compliment, he was disappointed after 3 servings there wasn't any left. LOL.

Curry Chicken & Rice 4.5 1 cup servings
13 oz. chicken cubed
1 stalk celery chopped
1/3 cup onion chopped
1/4 cup red bell pepper chopped
1/4 cup green bell pepper chopped
1/4 cup yellow bell pepper chopped
2 cloves garlic chopped
1 Can Campbells 98% Fat Free Cream of Mushroom soup
1/2 can water
1 1/2 cup Cooked rice
1 tsp Black Pepper
1/2 tsp ground Cumin
1/2 tsp ground ginger
1/4 tsp chili powder
1 1/2 tsp Curry

Spray fat free oil in fry pan. Add vegetables and cubed chicken cook until chicken and vegetables are slightly cooked. In bowl add soup and water, add in spices and mix thoroughly add to pan and bring to boil. Then lower temp to simmer while rice cooks. Add cooked rice to mixture and simmer another 5 -10 minutes.
1 cup servings
Calories 212, Total Fat 3g, Cholesterol 51mg, Sodium 396 mg, Carbohydrate 26g, Dietary Fiber 2g, Sugar 2g, Protein 23g. Vit. A 8%, Vit. C 64%, Calcium 4%, Iron 12%

Hope you enjoy as much as we did. We served a Spanish Marques de Caceres Crianza 2005 Rioja wine with dinner, it went better than I thought it would. Spicy always goes better with a sweet white wine, had I had a dry Riesling though I would have served that. 

Comments

Anonymous said…
I love curry and this sounds like a perfect dish for my chicken sitting in the freezer. Thank You.
Mary said…
I was surprised how well it turned out.

Let me know how it goes.

Popular Posts