New recipe in the garden

Yuppers, I've been experimenting again. This time with Chicken Sausage Links. I had some left over and though, what should I do with them? Checked the fridge to see what else I came up with, and here is what I found...

Drum roll please!

Chicken Sausage Soup 4 servings (1 cup each)
2 - Chicken Sausage links sliced 1/8" thick
1 can low sodium Chicken Broth (14 oz)
1 can water
1/4 cup onion chopped
1/4 cup green bell pepper chopped
1/4 cup red bell pepper chopped
1/2 cup zucchini chopped
1/2 cup yellow squash chopped
1 cup baby carrots whole
2 medium red potatoes cut into small cubes
1/2 tsp. Ground Pepper
1/4 Tsp rock salt
1 Tsp. Each - Basil, Marjoram, Thyme and Rosemary.
Everything goes in the pot, bring to rolling boil for 5 minutes. Reduce hit to low and simmer 3 hours. Turn up a bit until it starts to boil again and it's done.

Calories 172. Fat 3g, Saturated Fat 1g, Cholesterol 32mg, Sodium 462mg, Carbohydrate 24g, Dietary Fiber 4g, Sugar 4g, Protein 12g.  Vit. A 82%, Vit. C 60%, Calcium 5% and Iron 13%

Serve with a Hard Roll. It turned out very yummy.

PS. I tried something new tonight with steak and learned something. If you have a steak do not put it in a pan and think you can slow cook it with pasts sauce and then serve next to pasta with the sauce over it. Even if you add peppers, onions and mushrooms, the steak turns out too firm and tastes like liver. (Please do not tell my husband they were prime!)

Comments

Donna Cummings said…
The soup sounds yummy! I wish I had more of the ingredients on hand, because today is cold and blustery and just perfect for this kind of meal.

And I'm still laughing about the steaks -- that's why I'm not an adventurous cook -- I know I would ruin too many things. :)
Lindsay said…
Now this is a soup I could make and it sounds delicious
Mary said…
I'm having so much fun experimenting. But Donna, yes there are some failures!

Lindsay, I'm glad I finally caught you on something!

It's soup kind of weather so I'm going to try for some kind of Tortilla soup. But can't promise anything.

I'm going to be gone from Wed. to Sunday this week, so I'm trying to think of what I can post while I'm gone.

Popular Posts