Missed a day in the garden!

I have a huge apology to make. Sorry!

I didn't do a Monday garden post. I went camping over the weekend, and came home a bit under the weather. Is that an excuse? No. I really did mean to do one first thing yesterday morning and I forgot. 

What can I do to make up for the lapse? I truly do not know. I had a lot of delicious potluck dishes camping, and I plan to share, when my friends finally share with me, so be patient.

How about a recipe? Seems to be the trend.
Chicken Squares--Courtesy my friend Nancy.
Mix 3 oz. Cream cheese with 2 tbsp melted butter. Add 2 cups of cooked chicken and 1/4 tsp. salt, 1/8 tsp. pepper, 2 tbsp milk, 1 tbsp chives and 1 tbsp pimentos.
For the crust use 8oz crescent rolls tube. Take 1/4 cup chicken filling, place in center of roll and then seal it around the edges. Brush top with melted butter. Place  them on un-greased sheet and  cook at 350 in the oven for 20 to 25 minutes.

Serve with gravy and mashed potatoes.

Gravy (This is now my Thanksgiving gravy every year)
1 can Cream of chicken soup
1 can chicken broth (99 Fat free and low sodium)
1 beef bouillon cube
1/2 cup mushrooms.
Mix soup, broth and bouillon together until creamy, add mushrooms and heat until lightly boiling. Serve over the squares also.

Enjoy and I promise I'll try to do better.

Comments

Lindsay said…
Apology accepted and my week can start. I like the simplicity of the gravy recipe.
Mary said…
My kids love it as long as I leave out the mushrooms. So on Thanksgiving when they're all here I do. But Hubby and I like them!
Lindsay said…
Tell the kids to strain out the shroons. Mushrooms are good. No great.

Popular Posts