Friday in the Garden

Any big plans for the weekend?

In Utah it's finally cooled down and the hint of fall and UTE Football is in the air! Which means it's almost time for tailgating. I've already given you one of my favorite recipes for a cold afternoon waiting for the game. And that's my husband's chili.

I love dutch oven cooking for tailgating also though when we do that, it's not me doing the cooking so I have no recipes. Sorry, didn't mean to tease. LOL.

One of my favorite sides for a hot summer BBQ or tailgating in the early fall or like this weekend when we're camping and it's pot luck.

My mom's recipe for potato salad. The ingredients are probably what you find in your potato salad. It's the dressing that makes it unique.

Potato Salad (Think big tailgating crowd)

16-red potatoes boiled and cut into one inch pieces--skin left on.
11-Hard boiled eggs chopped
3-pickles spears chopped
1-bunch green onions chopped
Crumbled bacon (optional)
Dressing:
16 oz Miracle whip (light optional)
18 oz Mayo (fat free optional)
2 tbsp catchup (about 1 oz)
1/2 cup mustard (about 4 oz)
1/4 cup brown spicy mustard (optional, cut regular mustard to 1/3 cup)
2 Tbsp pickle juice (about 1 oz)
Mix together all dressing ingredients until smooth. This is best to do while boiling potatoes and eggs. Cover and set aside.
Mix Potatoes, eggs, pickles and onions together in large bowl mix in premixed dressing. Add salt and pepper to taste. Chill in refrigerated for about 2 hours.

I've had this with a light red Sebastiani Pinot Noir (Sonoma Valley) and tasted great!

Happy picnicking! Hope all of you have a wonderful weekend.

Comments

Popular Posts