Mary's Rambles for Thursday

Thursday is sort of movie day. Last week I recommended one with Russel Crowe. Tonight I recommend, Must Love Dogs. Okay so it's not about wine. They drink one in the movie and in my book that counts.

2005 Must Love Dogs
John Cusack
Diane Lane
Elizabeth Perkins
Christoper Plummer
Blurb:
Sarah Nolan, a preschool teacher in her thirties, is recently divorced. Her family's new pet project is to find her a boyfriend. After a series of disastrous, but hilarious, dates she decides to swear off dating for good. Her well-meaning family and friends are not going to let her give-up quite so easily though. Her sister enrolls her in on-line dating and includes the description of "must love dogs." She loves dogs but doesn't own one of her own, so she borrows her brother's dog to meet Jake Anderson at the dog park; he, too, had to borrow a dog. Could true love wag its tail for these two? 

If you need to watch a fun movie, check this out. It will go well with a sparkling wine or a Riesling.

Don't forget the drawing for a Mug and $10 Starbucks GC. All you have to do is comment and/or follow the blog to get your name thrown into the hat.

Comments

Lindsay said…
Now that movie I've seen and love. The movie has a cute but short lived humerous twist which makes it worth watching over again.
Mary said…
And I do... Watch it over and over again.
Word Actress said…
I love the backdrop on your blog, Mary. It's so serene and peaceful. I like that you have your characters 'borrowing' dogs for their dog park date. It shows they're both creative in their efforts to meet someone, and I like that, it also opens up all kind of fun possibilities for the two of them, like the dogs could start fighting and they wouldn't know what to do or one of them could be allergic and would spend the entire date sneezing and coughing. I raise Golden Retrievers so I know these things and my e-mai is: marylovesdogs!

My favorite wine is really expensive - its Kistler chardonnay. I tasted it once at a Masters of Food & Wine event in Carmel, California and it forever ruined me for all other chards. There's a restaurant here in Northern California where I live that serves it by the glass, so my friend and I treat one another every birthday. When the waiter puts it down on the table, we both just stare at our glasses for a giddy minute then greedily lift our glasses to our lips like we're underage and our parents are rushing in the door to stop us. Yes, Mary it's THAT good. Best, Mary Kennedy Eastham, Author, The Shadow of a Dog I Can't Forget (Published), The Possibilities of Love (looking for a publisher) and my first novel Night Surfing which I hope to finish by Christmas...

Popular Posts