Not a good day

I had a booksigning scheduled today at Borders, but the books did not arrive. So I sat there for two hours with only the 2 books that they had in stock. They sold luckily. However, it wasn't fun.

But that's not the worst part. My dear friend LuAnn lost her 4 year battle with Ovarian Cancer last evening. I found this out not long before I had to go to the signing. You can believe me, I wanted to be anywhere but there.

I feel so bad for her family, but the one thing that gives me comfort is that she is no longer in pain. And she is off to a new adventure. She was such a strong person, always positive. We had a girls lunch just two weeks ago, I'm so glad that we were able to share that time with her.

Please all of you, make sure you talk to your doctor often about Cancer screenings and anything that concerns you. Your loved ones want you to stay around.
Thanks for listening,
Mary

Comments

Popular Posts