Pet Peeves of Concert Going

Hi All,
My DH and I went to see Jonny Lang at the Red Butte Gardens Ampitheater in SLC yesterday. It's general adminsions so if you want a good seat you have to get there early. Well we got there to sit in line at 12:30 pm, show starts at 7:00 pm. We found out people were there as early as 9:00 am. Well if I pay good money to see a concert I want a good seat. So I don't mind taking a good book., (Nora Roberts Blue Smoke) and sitting and getting to know new people. It was very hot yesterday, it felt like a reached 100 degrees. I'm not sure if it did. At least DH had the good sense to bring an umbrella, although it kept blowing down on us, but it was cooler under a small bit of shade anyway. Here is my pet peeve! Actually I have two of them.

First they open the gates at 5:30 pm so we can go in set up our seats. You bring low lawn chairs, picnics the whole nine yards. Alcohol is allowed. (So of course people have been tipping the bottle all afternoon.) So instead of a nice orderly procession into the gates, there are people coming from behind, pushing and shoving to get in front of the people who have been there a lot longer than they have. I'm polite and use the proper etiquette I make sure the people in front of me get in the gate before racing to our preplanned destination. But of course the people who shoved ahead are in our spots! Makes my blood boil!

Okay my second is, once everyone gets settled and we have a pretty decent spot, well worth the wait in line. Then the concert gets jamming. Can those people in the back stay there, stand and dance where the are? Hell no! They have to come down front in front of the stage, in front of us so we CAN'T see. Did they stand in line (or sit) all damn day? NO that makes my blood boil worse than the people who push and shove.

Now I have it off my chest. Why don't you tell me about your worst experience at a concert?

Mary

Comments

Popular Posts